Friday 11 September 2015

REVIEW: KEEN BEAN BODY SCRUB

Hi lovelies,
Body scrubs have been all the rage lately, and I've tried many but I've got to say, Keen Bean is my favourite by far, keep reading to find out why :)

WHAT IS IT?

We've seen many coffee scrubs on the market but what sets Keen Bean apart from other scrubs is that it's made from mung and soy beans rather than coffee beans. It also has the added benefits of almond oil and pearl barley which help to lock in moisture and brightening of the skin. It also contains vitamin E and brown sugar which are ingredients aimed at helping to tone, heal and relieve dry skin. Keen Bean is based in Sydney, Australia but they do ship internationally as well.

PACKAGING/FIRST IMPRESSION

The very first thing I noticed about Keen Bean when I opened it, was the lovely sweet watermelon scent. Anyone who knows me, knows that I love anything watermelon scented. So this was a big plus for me already. The scrub is wrapped inside tissue paper.


PRODUCT REVIEW

The scrub itself is brown with tiny white dots in it which i assume do the exfoliating. This works in the exact same way as other scrubs. You just wet your body and then rub the scrub all over the body and rinse off after 5-10 minutes. I've used this on my body and face and I can tell that it's amazing. Due to the cold weather in Australia, my skin was very dry but after my first use I felt like my skin was moisturised and softer, however there was an oily residue. It definitely does a great job at exfoliating and getting rid of blackheads on the face. I've been happily using this for the past month and I can tell you that my skin's texture has definitely improved. It's smoother and softer than it has ever been. My face feels more supple and I definitely have a brighter complexion.



I highly recommend this product for everyone, especially those people who love their coffee scrubs but hate the mess that it leaves behind! However, if you do have sensitivity to fragrance, I do recommend a patch test first to see how your skin holds up! Keen Bean body scrub can be purchased directly from their site here.

Let me know in the comments below what your favourite body scrubs are! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment