Sunday 13 September 2015

Beauty Swap with Beauty Nerd By Night


Hi lovelies,
I'm always eager to try out makeup from around the world, especially brands that are hard to get a hold of here down under or brands that I have to pay an arm and a leg for! Through an instagram SFS, I met the lovely Jiawun from Beauty Nerd By Night and we agreed to a makeup swap!

Keep reading to see what she picked up for me!

 Jiawun is from Malaysia so she has access to many Asian branded cosmetics that I wanted to try out. We agreed on a budget of $150AUD which we felt was a good amount considering the prices of makeup here and in Malaysia is so expensive! We agreed to send it at the end of August/ beginning of September to coincide with when she is in Australia to save on postage costs :). I received the package on Friday afternoon!

Overview of everything that she picked up for me! 
I was so excited while opening the package as everything was wrapped so nicely. Just for the record, her wrapping was perfect and everything was bubble wrapped so that nothing could break. She left cute little notes on all the products as well!

Like Jiawun said, how can you have a Asian beauty swap without these sheet masks?! She picked up a few of her favourite masks for me. All these masks are new to me and I can't wait to give them a go. The ones in the picture below are; Kose Sekkisei Lotion Mask, Sasatinnie Red Wine Mask, Aloe Facial Mask and Black Pearl Brightening 3D Stretch Mask and Color Combos Skincare Honey Whitening Mask. The one I'm most excited about is the Black Peal 3D Mask (light blue packaging).

Back to Front, L-R: Sasatinnie Aloe Facial Mask, Black Pearl Brightening 3D Stretch Mask, Color Combos Honey Mask, Sasatinnie Red Wine Mask. Front: Kose Sekkisei Lotion Mask

This whole swap was about the Laneige BB Cushion that I've wanted to try out for the longest time. I told Jiawun about it and she was more than happy to pick one up for me :) Been stopping myself from dipping right into it so I could take photos of it first (blogger's life). She got it in the shade No.21 Natural Beige which looks to be a perfect much for my skin.

Laneige BB Cushion in shade No.21 Natural Beige

Jiawun and I both have a love for lip products, so it's no surprise that this swap had to include more than one lip product. I've got to say I absolutely fell in love with the packaging of these asian cosmetics. I've swatched all the products and she definitely picked out perfect colours for me. That green coloured lip crayon doesn't actually go on green, it changes to a pinky tinge on the lips, sort of like the Lipstick Queen Frog Prince lipstick.

L-R: Peripera Peri's tint crayon in No.3 Fruity Mint, CLIO Tension Lip in Shade 12 Butter Kiss, Etude House Rosy tint Lips

Next up are eye products. Again the packaging on the Etude House Mascara is so cute and I'm a sucker for all things cute. Jiawun picked up two mascaras and an eyeliner for me. I haven't tried them yet but can't wait to give them a go as she highly recommends these products!

L-R: Etude House Lash Perm Volume Mascara, The Face Shop Volumizing Mascara Ink Graffi Liquid Eyeliner

Next up are miscellaneous products (I know the eyeshadow is suppose to be part of eye products but I didn't take a photo of it with the rest of the eye products for some reason :S). More cute packaging, Etude House really know how to do packaging, it's so cute and girly! The blush is a light pink with gold reflect, already love it! What I really want to talk about is that eyeshadow. It's by a brand called Catrice that isn't available in Australia. It's so beautiful, it's a light gold/bronze colour and I fell in love with is after the first swatch. Jiawun also picked up two nail polishes for me, little does she know that purple is my favourite colour, so I'll be rocking those colours on my nails soon. The pastel purple is perfect for spring!

Etude House Lovely Cookie Blush in Rose Sugar Macaron, Catrice Liquid Metal Eyeshadow in 020 Gold n' Roses and Etude House Nail Polish Duo
Jiawun really did spoil me with everything that she picked out for me. There isn't a single product that I don't like! Check out her blog post here to see what I got for her :)!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you liked everything! Thank you so much for doing the swap with me <3 Can't wait till our next! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The products look so cute! I only have the Laneige sleeping pack but I love it. I can't wait to stock up on asian cosmetics next time I visit HK. Shipping from Canada is so god darn expensive!

    Would love if you check out my blog! Just followed you on bloglovin and instagram :)
    Raincouver Beauty

    ReplyDelete