Sunday 22 February 2015

Battle of the Micellar Waters


L-R: Byphasse Micellaire Makeup Remover Solution, Bioderma Sensibio Micelle Solution, Garnier Micellar All in One Cleansing Water


The past year or so micellar waters have really burst onto the beauty scene. Known as a beauty miracle, they help to remove makeup without making the face feel oily and leaving the face feeling fresh, cleaned and hydrated. They work due to the micelles (tiny molecules) attaching themselves to the dirt, impurities and makeup on the skin. The best part, you don't have to rinse your face after!

Today I have 3 Micellar Waters on the market in Australia to review for you.

Bioderma Sensibio Micelle Solution

I was introduced to this by one of my friends from Hong Kong early in 2014 and needless to say i have been using it religiously. It's a cult favourite among beauty bloggers and I can see why. This is truly a miracle worker, it removes waterproof makeup without leaving a trace behind and leaves the face feeling refreshed. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin and it's gentle on the eye area. I definitely recommend this however it is quite pricey in Australia. It retails for $39.99 at Priceline for 500mL. If you have friends in Hong Kong or are travelling there yourself, definitely stock up, it will set you back only $15-$20 after conversion.

Garnier Micellar All in One Cleansing Water 

Garnier released their own version of the micellar water early-mid 2014 and its been a hit with many beauty bloggers and beauty gurus. This micellar water does the same job as the Bioderma but at a fraction of the price. I do find the the Garnier does not remove makeup as effectively and it's not as gentle on the eye area however it gets the job done. For its price of $10.69 at Chemist Warehouse for 400mL, I say this is well worth the investment if you don't want to pay an arm and a leg for the Bioderma.

Byphasse Micellaire Makeup Remover Solution

This is by far my least favourite micellar water of all. Although it does its job of removing makeup, I can not stand the smell! Every time I open the bottle there's a weird chemical like smell. I'm not sure if I picked up a dud bottle or not but I wouldn't take my chances with a second bottle any time soon. I have seen some very promising reviews so give it a go if you're in the market for a new micellar water to try out. The brand is exclusive to Chemist Warehouse and retails for $4.99 for 500mL.

Let me know in the comments below if you've tried any micellar waters and which is your favourite.




No comments:

Post a Comment