Wednesday 31 December 2014

2014 Favourites


2014 has been a big year! It was the year where I really got into beauty and started my Instagram @beautywithangelaa as well as this blog, even though I haven't blogged regularly. One of my new year's resolution is to keep this blog up and running in 2015!

So as this year draws to an end, I'd like to share with you my favourite beauty products that I've discovered over the past 12 months from makeup to skincare to haircare.



MAKEUP


This year I discovered so many new brands of makeup and I watched my tiny collection grow and grow. I decided to take a course in Makeup and Skincare during my spare time so that i was more familiar with the products I was using as well as meeting other girls (and boys) who shared my interest. I felt like I was buying new products every week to try. Some were hits and some were misses.

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum
After hearing so many people rave about the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum, I decided to pick it up and give it a go. I use shade 53 Light Beige and it's a perfect match. I'd say this is a light-medium coverage foundation, it goes on smoothly and lasts all day. It looks very natural when on and I don't feel like I have anything on my face! Definitely one of my greatest buys in 2014.
L'oreal True Match
Another foundation that I also picked up was the L'oreal Paris True Match foundation in W4 golden Natural. This is one of my newer purchases but I'm already in love and can see why so many beauty gurus rave about it! However I do find that the shade I have is very yellow toned when first applied but blends out beautifully. It's a medium-full coverage foundation but doesn't feel heavy on the skin at all. If you're after a new foundation definitely give this one a go!

Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipsticks
Next up are the Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipsticks. I never really looked into these because the price of Australian cosmetics is so expensive but when Mecca lowered their prices and when the Christmas set came out I couldn't resist and picked up the set of four mini ones. Its safe to say that it was a worthy investment as I love them so much! They glide on the lips smoothly and don't tug. The darker shades left a nice stain after a few hours. Love love love!

Makeup Geek Eyeshadows
My all time favourite eyeshadows are Makeup Geek eyeshadow pans! I love that I can pick the colours I want and custom design my own palette. It's also inexpensive compared to MAC and shipping to Australia isn't ridiculous. The shadows are so pigmented and buttery. I find myself reaching for them more than any other shadows that I own. So glad I found out about this company and I will definitely be adding more to my collection!

Sigma Flat Top Kabuki F80
My favourite tool to apply my foundation is the Sigma Flat kabuki F80. I have no words to describe how much I love this brush, definitely HG. I have 3 of them in my collection. It buffs in my foundation beautifully for that perfect finish. I would recommend this brush to everyone! It's a worthwhile investment!

SKINCARE


My greatest problem in 2014 was my skin. I found that throughout the year my skin was always flaking and I was on the search for the perfect moisturiser. 

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream
Currently I am using the Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream and it's amazing. It kept my skin moisturised throughout winter and got rid of all those flaky bits on my cheek and forehead. Definitely repurchasing when I finish.

Soap & Glory The Daily Smooth body butter
For the dry skin on my body I have been loving Soap & Glory The Daily Smooth body butter. It smells amazing and keeps my body moisturised. What more could you want!

Mecca Cosmetica To Save Face Sunscreen
One day I was shopping at Mecca Cosmetica and decided to try out the To Save Face Sunscreen and it felt amazing on the skin so i picked up at tube. You can read my thoughts about it here.

HAIRCARE

The Macadamia Natural Company
There is one brand of hair products that I can not recommend enough, the Macadamia Natural company. I love all their products. The Natural Oil Rejuvenating Shampoo and the Natural Oil Moisturising Rinse Conditioner have saved my dry hair. I can not recommend this brand enough and I'm so glad that I discovered them in 2014. My hair is definitely thankful!

That sums up my 2014 favourites. Hope you all have a wonderful new year and may 2015 bring you great joy, happiness and you achieve all your goals :)

No comments:

Post a Comment