Saturday 27 September 2014

IMATS HAUL

Hi lovelies,
It's been a hectic week full of assessments for me but today I finally have time to write about my first IMATS experience and what I bought!

I got to experience my first IMATS with my good friend Jody and considering the amount we spent combined, it's safe to say we encourage each other to spend but I'm not complaining!

This year IMATS was held at Moore Park at the Royal Hall of industries because the Sydney Exhibition Centre (where it is usually held) is a pile of rubble right now.




The doors opened at 8:30 but Jody and I didn't get in till around 9:30. I rushed off to Hakuhodo straight away because I was scared they'd sell out! I picked up the two eye brushes that were on my list. They ended up being $24AUD each. The lines at Hakuhodo were very orderly and I felt like I was able to get what I wanted without having to push and shove! If you're after their brushes you can get it off their website linked here and it a flat rate of $14USD shipping.

Hakuhodo eye brushes (Top: J5523, Bottom: B J142)

Next up was Makeupnet who were selling Limecrime! This booth was harder to shop at as there wasn't really a line, it was just whoever got the sale assistants' attention. I managed to pick up two lipsticks in Coquette and Glamour 101 and the eyeshadow helper. They were $18 each! Check out their website here. They currently have free express shipping for all Australian orders!
Lime Crime products ( Left: Coquette, Right: Glamour101, Front: Eyeshadow helper)

I then braved the M.A.C crowd! With M.A.C, getting your products wasn't a problem but was paying for the products, the line went right around the whole booth and it took me a good 45 minutes before I got to the front. M.A.C had 20% off all their products and were sold out of the lipsticks and paint pot I wanted but I managed to pick up a Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade for $37.60!
M.A.C Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade

The one thing I really wanted to try at IMATS was Make Up Forever and PM studio was selling the entire line at 30% off. I picked up the HD Primer, HD Foundation in 120 Soft Sand and the Full Cover concealer in no. 5. PM studio had a system where we'd tell the sale assistants what we wanted and they'd put it in a basket then give us a number and we'd go to the counter to pay and collect our goodies! Check out their website here. They stock Make Up Forever and IT cosmetics which are super hard to find in Australia.
Makeup Forever Products (Left: Full Cover Concealer in no. 5, Middle: HD Foundation in 120 Soft Sand, Right: HD Primer in N0 Neutral)
Next was a cute little booth called Rouche Boutique! Loved the customer service at this stall, they were so nice and orderly! I picked up a small Z palette (~$11.00) and a Shanghai Suzy lipstick in Miss Leah Baby Coco ($11.40). Definitely pay their site a visit here as they have 15% off at the moment ending 27/09/2014 with code "POSTSALE".
Z Palette Small and Shanghai Suzy Lipstick in Miss Leah Baby Coco
Before leaving I stopped by Royal and Langnickel and picked up Bent liner brush ($2.50) and a kabuki brush for $7.00! Should have stocked up on more brushes, the prices were hard to beat! Again it was very orderly at this store and i was in and out fairly quickly!
Royal and Langnickel: Kabuki and Bent liner Brushes

All in all it was a great experience and I'm glad I got to experience it with a fellow makeup lover :)



No comments:

Post a Comment